5.01.2007

killer geese

jeff and i were taking this night little walk last night around this pond/lake thing. we then came upon this sign that said NO TRESPASSING 7PM TO 7AM. this sort of bummed us out but we decided to leave because we're lawful citizens. there were several ducks, geese, etc around us, then from about 150 feet away, i saw one with its neck sticking straight out and it was charging us. i started screaming and running, as did jeff. i'm not sure if he did this because i was doing it and he just reacted, or if he was scared too! we ran as fast as we could until we got to our car....it chased us for a long time. when we finally got into the car, we looked at each other and we couldn't believe what happened. after lots of laughter we eventually composed ourselves. contrary to what jeff believes, i am glad he didn't throw his flip flop at it....primarily because he would have to go face that goose again to retrieve his shoe. just so you know, we did get back out of the car to make mean goose sounds to tell our attacker that we were hurt by his unfriendly gesture towards us. it was a fun night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i look forward to hearing your and jeff's version of what "unfriendly goose sounds" are.

Kate said...

Is there any way to post audio on a blog? I agree with Stacy in that I want to hear you doing a "mean goose" imperson - or is it imgoosantion? HAHAHA

Yes. I know I'm a dork. It's OK.

Anonymous said...

i don't get it. imgoosantion?

Heidi said...

You know, like an impersonation? Kate is making a joke here.

Kate said...

Heidi, thank you for explaining my humor to our sister. I appreciate the translation.